Reminder

Welcome to the DDMALL forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to post questions and access to our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, download the updated firmwares and documents.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

ED-2K for source into GeoVision DVR/NVR

Let's talk about HDMI Encoder! Post a question or share a solution with other users.
Macgyver

ED-2K for source into GeoVision DVR/NVR

Post by Macgyver » Fri May 24, 2019 6:32 pm

Hello,
I am a television broadcast Engineer, and using this for my work.
I have already sent a request to support, but wanting to use the amazing little encoder for turning a DTV converter box, with an HDMI output, into a remote source like it is a security camera. I use a GeoVision DVR/NVR to record multiple converter boxes as local sources on the hardware inputs, but because I have remote transmitters at other sites, I would like to be able to see/record the output at those sites too. The VLC decoding of the stream works great, but when I try and have the Geovision pull it, I get the error 3GPP resolution not supported.

I have the Encoder set to 1280x720p and guess the GeoVision is just confused trying to pull this stream. Tried both H.264 and 265 and it says connected but get no video.. :roll:

Any tips anyone may have other than the updated firmware that DDMall said they are working on to make it work with the GeoVision NVR. :D

Thank you,

Mark

Macgyver

Re: ED-2K for source into GeoVision DVR/NVR

Post by Macgyver » Fri May 31, 2019 5:42 pm

DDMall took my request seriously and have updated firmware 1.1.0.14 on the download page to support the GeoVision NVR/DVR software. I now setup my ED-2k on a HDMI port of a DTV Converter box and have an H.265 stream being recorded by my GeoVision system. Thanks DDMall for working on a patch to make this work! :D

DDmallforum
Site Admin

Re: ED-2K for source into GeoVision DVR/NVR

Post by DDmallforum » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:28 am

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your kindly feedback! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us!

Have a nice day!

DDMALL Tech